CHILD IN NEED OF PROTECTION OR SERVICES PETITION
Court File Number: 27-JV-21-2688
Group ID: 0370620
STATE OF MINNESOTA,
COUNTY OF HENNEPIN
FOURTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
KEVIN DEANDRE BENNETT
6053 S PRAIRIE AVE APT B, CHICAGO IL 60637
IN THE MATTER OF THE WELFARE OF THE CHILD(REN) OF: TASHEENA RAE JACKSON-ELLIS, Parent,
Please take notice that on November 22, 2021, a Petition was filed with the above-named court alleging that the child(ren) of the above named parent(s) or legal custodian(s) to be in need of protection or services. A copy of the Petition is attached.
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED AND REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN COURT at the following date, time, and place where a hearing regarding the Petition and the best interests of the child(ren) will be held:
September 28, 2022
Intermediate Disposition Hearing
District Court Judge Bruce D. Manning
Hennepin County District Court
590 Park Avenue
Minneapolis Minnesota 55415
YOU HAVE BEEN SERVED WITH THIS SUMMONS because, pursuant to statute or court rule:
• You are a parent to the child(ren) named in the petition; or
• You are a party to this proceeding pursuant to Juvenile Protection Rule 21.01 or an attorney for a party, or
• You have legal custody of the child who is the subject of the Petition, or
• You are a person whose presence the court believes is important to a determination concerning the best interests of the child(ren) who are the subject of the Petition.
IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AT THE HEARING:
• The court may conduct the hearing without you; and
• The court may find that the factual allegations and statutory grounds set forth in the petition have been proved; and
• The court may enter an order granting the relief requested in the petition, which may include:
• removing the child(ren) from the home of the parent or legal custodian and placing the child(ren) in foster care,
• permanently severing the parent's rights to the child(ren) pursuant to a termination of parental rights petition;
• permanently transferring the child(ren)'s legal and physical custody to a relative; or
• an order for other permanent placement of the child(ren).
A STATEMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES IS ATTACHED, including the right to be represented by an attorney as authorized under the statutes and court rules. It is your responsibility to immediately notify the court administrator if your address changes.
To receive an eReminder for future court dates via e-mail or text, visit www.mncourts.gov/HearingeReminders. aspx or scan the QR code to enroll.
Dated: August 11, 2022
(August 13, 2022) 12146657