2021 Street & Utility Improvements
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
2021 Street & Utility Improvements
City Streets: 4th Ave., 5th Ave. & 6th Ave.
Lake County & City of Two Harbors
Lake County, MN
RECEIPT AND OPENING OF PROPOSALS:
• Electronic Bids will be received until 11:00 a.m. on April 6, 2021 through Bid Express www.bidexpress.com for the construction of the Lake County & City of Two Harbors project listed above.
• Proposals will be opened and read publicly at 11:01 a.m. on this date by the Clerk of the County Board at Lake County Service Center, 616 3rd Avenue, Two Harbors, MN 55606-1504.
• Plan holders, Bidders and the Public are welcome to join the bid opening by video conference. Information on how to access the public bid opening can be obtained by contacting the Lake County Highway Department. ATTN: Darbie Eschenbacher at 218-834-8380 or Darbie.Eschenbacher@co.lake.mn.us.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: The work includes the construction of approximately:
55 EA Clearing & Grubbing – Tree Removal
12,874 SY Remove Pavement Surfaces
2,328 LF 8” PVC Sanitary Sewer
128 LF Drainage Structure Design Special 1 (4007) Sanitary
2,537 LF 6” PVC Sanitary Service Pipe
2,753 LF Watermain – Ductile Iron CL 52
2,080 LF ¾” Type K Copper Pipe - Water Service
881 LF 12” to 42” RCP Storm Sewer
4,138 LF 6” Perforated PVC Pipe - Drain
71 LF Drainage Structures Storm
10,611 CY Excavation - Common
5,204 CY Select Granular Embankment
4,243 CY Aggregate Base, Class 5
3,160 TN SP Bituminous Mixture
7,171 LF Concrete Curb & Gutter
613 SY Concrete Driveway and Apron
37,630 SF Concrete Walk
1.4 AC Seed, Fertilizer and Mulch
3,220 LF Pavement Line Marking
together with numerous related items of work, all in accordance with Plans and Specifications.
PROJECT LABOR AGREEMENT: This project is subject to the Project Labor Agreement and associated requirements found in the Project Manual.
This project is subject to Prevailing Wage Rates and the provisions of MINN. STAT. 16C.285 Responsible Contractor are imposed as a requirement of this contract. All bidders and persons or companies providing a response/submission to the Advertisement for Bids of Lake County shall comply with the provisions of the statute.
COMPLETION OF WORK:
1. Work on streets fronting the Minnehaha School (School Loop Phase) shall not start until after school summer recess begins, anticipated date of June 11, 2021, and be substantially complete on or before August 20, 2021.
2. Work on the County Roads (CSAH 30, CSAH 35 and CSAH 20) shall be complete on or before October 15, 2021.
3. All work under the Contract must be complete by August 1, 2022.
PLAN HOLDERS LIST, ADDENDUMS AND BID TABULATION: The plan holders list, addendums and bid tabulations will be available for download on-line at https://www.co.lake.mn.us/, www.bidexpress.com. Any addendums may also be distributed by mail, fax, or email.
TO OBTAIN BID DOCUMENTS:
• You may view the digital plan documents for free by entering Bid Express Solicitation # SAP 038-630-001 on the website's Project Search page. Documents may be viewed for FREE. FEES apply to documents downloaded by Vendors. Please contact bidexpress.com at 888-352-2439 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in Vendor Account membership registration, viewing, downloading, and working with this digital project information.
• An optional paper set of project documents is also available for a nonrefundable price of $150.00 per set, which includes applicable sales tax and shipping. Please make your check payable to Bolton & Menk, Inc. and send it to 4690 Miller Trunk Highway, Suite 350, Duluth, MN 55811, (218) 729-5939.
Inquires and questions are to be submitted thru Bid Express.
BID SUBMITTAL: A Bid shall be submitted no later than the date and time prescribed and at the place indicated in the advertisement or invitation to bid. For this project, Lake County will be accepting ONLY online electronic bids through BIDEXPRESS. To access the electronic bidding click the "FOR VENDORS" button at the top of the Bid Express website, set up or LOGIN to your Vendor Account, select project, download the project documents and complete the bidding process online.
Prospective bidders must be on the plan holders list through Bid Express for bids to be accepted. Bids will be received for a single prime Contract. Bids shall be on a unit price basis for the Base bid, with any add alternate bid items as indicated on the Bid Form.
BID SECURITY/PROPOSAL GUARANTY: This bond or guaranty may be submitted through Bid Express using Surety 2000 or Surety Wave. An electronic copy of a certified check, cashier's check, or paper bid bond in the amount of not less than 5 percent of the total amount bid, drawn in favor of Lake County shall be uploaded through Bid Express.
A Proposal Guaranty in the form of a bond must meet the following requirements:
1. Issued by a corporation authorized by the Minnesota Department of Commerce to contract as a surety in the State of Minnesota; and
2. Conditioned on execution of the Contract.
OWNER'S RIGHTS RESERVED: The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities and informalities therein and to award the Contract to other than the lowest bidder if, in their discretion, the interest of the Owner would be best served thereby.
DATED: February 23, 2021
/S/ Matthew Huddleston
Finance and Commerce
March 5, 12, 2021)