Minneapolis Planning Commission- City
* * * *
MINNEAPOLIS NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
(Published in Finance and
Commerce March 5, 2021)
Notice is hereby given that the Minneapolis Planning Commission will hold a public hearing pursuant to Chapter 525 of the Minneapolis Zoning Code on Monday, March 22, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. to consider the applications listed below. Due to the declared local public health emergency, Minneapolis has transitioned to an electronic format for its public meetings and hearings, authorized under Minn. Stat. Section 13D.021, to minimize the risk of exposure to or potential spread of COVID-19. The public may view the public hearing using the following options: Watch on Comcast Channel 14 or 799 or live on www.minneapolismn.gov /tv/citycounciltv. The public may submit comments or participate by phone in the meeting by using the following website: www.minneapolismn.gov/government/meetings/participate-in-a-meeting/
1. Kristine Lamoureaux and Ryan Padilla have filed the following land use applications for the properties located at 5540 26th Ave S and 5548 26th Ave S:
• Variance to the minimum interior side yard for an existing structure.
• Variance to the minimum established front yard setback for the proposed development plan.
• Minor subdivision to create three new parcels from two existing parcels.
2. Danny Perkins has applied for the following land use applications to allow for a new seven-story, mixed-use building located at 125 Lowry Ave NE and 2512 2nd St NE:
• Petition to rezone the properties located at 125 Lowry Ave NE and 2512 2nd St NE from I2 Medium Industrial District to C3A Community Activity Center District.
• Site plan review.
• Administrative height increase.
3. RSP Architects, on behalf of Xcel Energy, submitted the following applications to allow for a new 90,000 square foot operations center at 3356 Marshall St NE in the I1 /Light Industrial District, MR /Mississippi River Critical Area Overlay District, and the SH /Shoreland Overlay District:
• Conditional use permit to increase the height from 2.5 stories/35 feet to 3 stories/45 feet.
• Variance to reduce the minimum floor area ratio from 1.0 to 0.26.
• Site plan review.
4. Scott England of DJR Architecture, on behalf of Kyle Brasser of Reuter Walton Development, has filed a variance application to reduce the minimum rear yard setback for an existing structure on the property at 2510 Riverside Ave.
5. Amending Title 20 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances related to the Zoning Code, as follows:
Chapter 520 Introductory Provisions
Chapter 521 Zoning Districts and Maps Generally
Chapter 525 Administration and Enforcement
Chapter 527 Planned Unit Development
Chapter 530 Site Plan Review
Chapter 531 Nonconforming Uses and Structures
Chapter 535 Regulations of General Applicability
Chapter 536 Specific Development Standards
Chapter 537 Accessory Uses and Structures
Chapter 541 Off-Street Parking and Loading
Chapter 546 Residence Districts
Chapter 547 Office Residence Districts
Chapter 548 Commercial Districts
Chapter 549 Downtown Districts
Chapter 550 Industrial Districts
Chapter 551 Overlay Districts
The purpose of the amendment is to adopt regulations implementing parking, loading, and travel demand management policies of Minneapolis 2040 and the Transportation Action Plan.